Monday, August 10, 2015

Broken

This isn't my first attempt at blogging. In fact the poem that follows is something that I began to write a long time ago, but for some reason, until today it remained unfinished. I'm not completely sure why I have decided to start up again, but it just felt like time. I'm no poet, but here is a piece of my heart.


Broken
Splintered, shattered into a thousand pieces.
My entire past, all of my mistakes.
Pain searing through my chest.
I crumple to the ground struggling to take a breath.

I am broken.

Broken
I look around.
I see broken families, broken homes, broken lives.
Poverty, death, pain and addiction.
My eyes are blind with tears, my heart overwelmed with grief. 

We are broken. 

Broken
What is the point of all this?
Is there any hope?
I can't bear to look around me, scared of what I will see.
I prepare myself for once last breath. 

Completely broken.

Broken. 
As I lay there alone, suddenly I feel a warmth.
Strong arms wrap around me and hold me close.
I see no one, but I no longer feel alone.
I don't know why, but a peace washes over me.

I was broken.

Broken
For you, says the voice.
I left my perfect home for you,
For all the broken people in this broken world.
But I came so it didn't have to stay this way.

I came to heal.

Healed.
He came to heal.
He came down to our level and 
To experience our brokenness.
And He picks up the pieces and puts them back together.

I am healed.

Healed.
I still have scars and still feel pain.
But I am not alone.
But I am no longer shattered into pieces.
Through Him I can find healing.

We can heal.
Heal.
There is brokenness all around me,
But I no longer feel hopeless.
Through the poverty, pain, death, and addiction
There is hope for something new.
He has come to heal and I am a part of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment