Thursday, April 27, 2017

Recently I had the opportunity to return to Costa Rica and to visit Guatemala for the first time. There are two things that I love most about traveling. The first is that traveling to new places and seeing new cultures always allows me to have a deeper view of who God is through discovering and understanding (a little) of parts of Him that I had not know before. And the second is the relationships. The relationships with people that I am able to renew and create new memories with and also the new relationships that I am able to build. There is something special about having friends all over the globe.

I was able to travel to Costa Rica, to attend my dear friend, Teresa's wedding. Teresa was one of the girls that I did my DTS in YWAM with and I had the amazing opportunity to stay with four of my different DTS leaders and connect with many beloved friends (family).

Costa Rica here I come!

Breakfast with my YWAM outreach leaders and my dear friend Nina.
The adorable room I stayed in.

The entrance of where the wedding took place and one of the flower arrangement

With Teresa-such a beautiful bride <3
My first time back on the YWAM base since June 2013.

Pops Ice cream with Nela and her family!

This was my first time going to Guatemala and I stayed at Fundaniños. Fundaniños is a children's home and I had the opportunity to spend four days observing classes at the school they have on campus and spending time getting to know the children. Even after just four days it was very hard for me to leave. I am praying that I will have the opportunity to be further involved there in the future. 

The view from Fundaniños


Some of the pre-school age children that I had the opportunity to read to and spend time with.

I am so thankful for the opportunity that God had given me to go on this trip. And I am especially blessed by the memories that were made and the people that have touched my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment